Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Guy

It was a sunny afternoon [why should anything romantic happen only on rainy days and that too in the evenings or nights?-I know it makes one feel more romantic, but I prefer to be truthful] - Me and my friend were watching a English movie in a really cozy and fully air conditioned theatre, just to escape the sun burning and tanning our skin outside. There were very few people in the hall, not coz the movie is boring but it was a matinee show on a working day. I was waiting for the break so that I could go and get my favorite choc-coffee gelato ice cream [I often forget the actual name of this ice cream].

I was in the ice cream queue whereas my friend was getting popcorn and some drink for her. The stalls were on either side of the passage so that we were standing with our backs facing each other. Accidentally, I saw that guy standing behind my friend. I couldn’t see his face, but he was well-dressed with a cool blue t-shirt and black jeans. Now and then I turned my head to see his face but in vain. Something was very attractive about him or it would have been just my curiosity-I didn’t know. I was pushing myself to get the ice cream asap, so that I can go to my friend, pretend to chat with her and thus to get a glance of his face.

Wow I did, He was toooooooooooooooooooooo handsome that I couldn’t take my eyes off [I doubted whether he’s a film star, but nope]. He was very casual and normal but very attractive. [Thank God his lips weren’t dark, coz that turns me off-I hate people who smoke and hence the dark lips] I was talking unusually loudly so that he will hear me and turn his head towards me. Everyone in the queue did…….. except him. My friend had a doubtful look on her face seeing my unusual behavior. She came and told me “Aarthi you were a bit loud, didn’t you realize that”. I said “Yes, I did, I did that on purpose. Didn’t you see the guy behind you?” She turned and looked at him.
She said “Wow….he looks awesome
Me: That’s the reason I was so loud, but he never turned his head. He was too much into his mobile. Must be sending messages to his girl friend. I giggled.
She: Yaaaaa….No girl will leave such a handsome guy to be single for this long. He must have a girl friend by now.

I regretted for saying that and was looking behind to see if any of his friends or girlfriends were with him. He was no longer in the queue. Pretty disappointed I was going inside the hall when my friend pinched me. OMG!!!!!! The guy was walking before us. We both giggled… We walked slowly to see where he is seated. Unfortunately, behind our row. Not lucky enough…., I started eating my favorite ice cream. I could neither enjoy the movie nor the ice cream. I was more worried that he didn’t turn his head towards me. I was dressed fairly well and wooooooooooooow what a coincidence…even I was in a black jeans and blue kurti. I was too excited to tell this to my friend but I know she’ll stab me if I interrupt her now.

After the movie we couldn’t find him and even I didn’t want to look for him anymore-it would be very silly. We planned to roam about in the mall for sometime. I wanted to buy few books and so I was looking for the books and my friend was getting some gift. Since it will take a long time for me, she said she’ll come back to me once she finishes billing the gift. I took the small cushioned stool and sat near the Indian authors section to find some books of my interest. Since there was no one in the books section I made myself comfortable covering the entire pathway when I heard someone say “Excuse me”. I got up pushing the stool aside and saying “Sorrrrrrr…Err..Sorry”. Yes, it was him again. My heart skipped a beat. He was so close and with a cute smile he said “Thank you”. His voice was so manly and blah blah blah. He walked past me and me back in the same position with the book in my hand and my mind roaming somewhere else. I should have talked to him, but what? It would have been very silly and God Am I flirting? No way!!!! I have never done that before and I never wish to do that.

This is not a movie, so started looking for the books again and again he came. This time Goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he came to me-“Hi, have you read Indian authors before” [OMG, OMG…what’s happening]. I stood up like a school kid in front of the teacher and I said “Ya, I have
He: I have started reading very recently and wish to give a try reading Indian authors, can you suggest me some books.
Me: I’m not a pro, but I can suggest you some good authors.
He: Oh, thanks.
After a few conversations, completely about books he said “Hey, thanks a lot and it’s nice to meet youI said “Me too”. He was very decent with a very good vocabulary. I wanted to ask him many things like where do you live, what do you do, etc but I couldn’t. I don’t like to initiate any such conversations, if he had at least asked my name then I would have. “Why is all this happening?” I asked myself. Not wishing to stay there anymore I walked to see my friend and saw him again. I turned back to see whether he is seeing me. No.
Again I did. No.
Again I did and Yes, He did and smiled. Opppppsssssssss, I turned quickly and started walking.
Giving a long gap, say 1 min I tuned back again, he was standing very near to me, staring at me with a fishy cute smile and holding few books in his hand. Gosh-he got me. I was really shocked, didn’t expect this, I was almost running when he came behind me “Hey, stop” There were people around, so didn’t want to make it a show there and hence I stopped and turned. He gave his hand out saying “I’m ………” I didn’t hear him. It was something starting with “A”. I was deaf, my heart beat has stopped, not knowing what’s going to happen next, I was blushing and sweating at the same time.
I said “I’m Aarthi”.
He: Nice name.
Me: Thanks
He: Hey Aarthi I have been watching you from the ice cream stall. [Oh God-so shameful, he would have thought I’m flirting] You are really cute.
Me: …………………………………………………………………………………
He: I think I like you.

Mum: “Aarthi it is 9.30 already, wake up”.

I was never disappointed like this before. For the first time I regretted for being an Aerian, coz they dream a lot and they are very passionate lovers-might be in the dreams too.

9 comments:

  1. Idhellam konjam over'a therila...usually they say...we dont remember our dreams exactly when we wake up...aana nee ivalo accurate'a solra? ennaku ennamo idhu dream'a nu sandhegama irukku :-)

    irundhalum...nee yemandhu ponadhula ennaku oru sandhosham.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ada paavi..i always rem my dream..atleast 75%...nejam dan idu..nambu

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey though its very interesting to read it..... when i read the last 3 lines... it remem me many stories like this which i have read already and same ending.... sorry if my words hurt u....i have read many ...anyhow u have narrated in a gud way...do well all the best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What to do thr r many aerians in ths world n thr is nothing to get hurt...aana janangale nambunga..this is a true dream....

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey nambunga boss...ithu arthi's own story than....ok va...if i was an aerian then i would have believed u....but unfortunately not.... seri ivalo sollum pothum naan namburen dosth...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmmmmmm, reallli reallii laughing after reading this blog. Nalla intresting a irunthuthuu, in between i was thinking naan blue tshirt potta mothu nee yepo pathenuu(hehehe, same meeeee)... reallly nice, but konjam pathuuu...
    )

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Selva
    :)

    @Prem
    Adan nanum solren... konjam paathu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunty, reading this article of yours, I got really excited!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa Haaa.. I am reading this myself after years.. Funny.. Lol !!

      Delete

Nice to see you here. Thanks for dropping by..keep coming :)